Engineering Base Desktop Deployment Guide
- Turn on the computer and immediately press the function key that triggers a network boot (F12 on HP computers).
- After the network boot, you should see a Windows Deployment Services boot image selection screen. Select the Engineering Base Desktop boot image.
- Press Next to begin the Task Sequence Wizard:
- Next you will be presented with either a list of task sequences to choose from or a single task sequence. Highlight the most recent EBD 2016 Current Release option, and click Next.
- You may be presented with the Edit Task Sequence Variables screen. If this screen is displayed, double-click OSDComputerName:
- In the Edit Variable pop-up window, enter the computer name, and click OK to return to the Edit Task Sequence Variables screen:
- Click Next:
- There must be a corresponding computer object in Active Directory or it will not join the domain.
- If the task sequence begins without displaying this screen our system already has an association between this MAC address and a computer name. The previous computer name is used automatically.
- The task sequence will begin. Windows 10 and supporting applications will be installed in approximately two hours (depending on hardware and network speed).