Welcome to the College of Engineering!
Before getting started at CAEN, you may want to learn about the many University-wide computing and information technology services provided to faculty.
Your CAEN Account
As a member of the College of Engineering faculty, CAEN provides you with access to many computing services to support your instructional and research computing needs, often referred to as a “CAEN Account.” These and other services provided by CAEN are meant to meet the unique computing requirements of Michigan Engineering faculty.
Connecting to the Network
Wireless (Wi-Fi) network access is available to all faculty in College of Engineering buildings.
Wired (Ethernet) access is also available in all College of Engineering buildings, which is especially important if you work from a desktop computer.
College of Engineering faculty have access to a large library of software applications for use in their instructional and research activities.
- Review the current Engineering software listings
- Remotely access software on CAEN computers
- Request additional software for your course
Classroom & Instructional Technology
Many resources are available throughout the College of Engineering to support faculty instruction.
- Overview of instructional technology at the College
- Locate classrooms and review the available technology
- Learn about options for lecture recording and publishing
CAEN, in cooperation with the Advanced Research Computing (ARC) group, provide high-performance computing to College of Engineering faculty, including a very large working-set data storage, a broad range of applications and development tools, and basic consulting services.
- Advanced Research Computing (ARC) Home
- Learn about software, storage, and other resources offered by the ARC
Online File Storage
College of Engineering faculty receive a large amount of online file storage as part of their CAEN Account. This storage is backed up regularly to protect your important files, and it provides easy access when logging into any CAEN computer.
Canvas is the campus-wide system for publishing course-related materials online.
College of Engineering faculty who are directors of labs, centers and institutes may contact CAEN for information about creating a website to support their research.
Questions or Problems?
Additional details on the topics described above, and more, are available via the CAEN Knowledge Base. Consultants are also available to answer specific questions about all CAEN services.
- Search the CAEN Knowledge Base
- Contact a CAEN consultant for assistance with these computing services
- Contact your departmental IT support staff for additional help getting connected