The CAEN Help Desk is the College of Engineering’s computing and IT support desk located on North Campus. Help Desk consultants are available to answer your questions about accessing CAEN’s computer labs, software, the MWireless network, and other U-M computing services. You may visit the Help Desk on the second floor of the Duderstadt Center, on the left side of the library’s Reserves Desk. You may also call a Help Desk consultant at (734) 764-CAEN , live chat online, or send email to email@example.com.
Hours of Operation
The CAEN Help Desk’s hours vary depending on the time of year. For example:
- On days when classes are not in session (e.g. during exams or recess), the Help Desk is open Monday through Friday from 8:20 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Due to staff scheduling and training, the Help Desk is also only open from 8:20 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on the first day of classes each term.
- The Help Desk is closed during University holidays, and also when the Duderstadt Center building is closed.
In general, while classes are in session, the Help Desk is open at the following times:
Fall & Winter Term Hours
- Monday – Thursday, 10:00 a.m – 2:00 p.m. & 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, 10:00 a.m – 2:00 p.m. & 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Phone & Live Chat:
- Monday – Thursday, 8:20 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, 8:20 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Spring & Summer Term Hours
Walk-up, Phone & Live Chat:
- Monday – Friday, 8:20 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.