As part of the Web Publishing Service, CAEN offers access to both WordPress and U-M Google Sites. Some features and limitations of using Google Sites include:
- Password protected content can be accommodated, with the additional ability to restrict content to only University-related people.
- Look and feel will not closely resemble the College website, but College logos and colors will be used.
- Easier to use – Minimal web editing experience required to store, update, and move documents.
- File Cabinets – Easy way to store and maintain document repositories.
- Notes – Ability to create notes listings and have custom search lists.
- Allows for custom sidebars on a per-page basis.
- Ability for visitors to post comments.
- Ability to notify people of recent site activity.
- Ability to set Google Sites to adjust for mobile devices.
- Limited Support for Sensitive Regulated Data
Information on using Google Sites can be found in our Knowledge Base. The main Google Sites Help page is also a useful resource for getting started. For more information about the CAEN Web Publishing Service, or to request a Google Site, email email@example.com.