- Below you will find a calendar of upcoming planned outages that affect CAEN services, including upgrades and maintenance.
- A list of past outage postings, including a description of the services affected, is also provided.
- Notifications of CAEN service downtimes are regularly posted to our UMcaenstatus Twitter feed.
- Postings about all campus-wide service outages are also available on the ITS Service Status page.
- Start: Saturday, January 18, 11:00 p.m.
- End: Sunday, January 19, 3:00 a.m.
On Saturday, January 18 at 11:00 p.m., ITS will perform maintenance on the U-M AFS servers. During this maintenance, CAEN users may have trouble accessing their AFS home directories and logging into CAEN Linux computers (including the Login/VNC servers). Further updates and information on this maintenance can be found on the ITS Service Status page.
- Start: Monday, January 20, 8:00 a.m.
- End: Tuesday, January 21, 8:00 a.m.
ITS plans to disable the crowded 2.4 GHz frequency from the MWireless Wi-Fi network this month, which will move most devices to the faster, more reliable 5 GHz frequency that is now pervasive across campus. After January 20, devices that only support 2.4 GHz connections will no longer be able to connect to the MWireless network. Users with these devices will need to configure them to use the eduroam network instead using MSetup.
- Start: Thursday, December 26, 10:00 p.m.
- End: Friday, December 27, 6:00 a.m.
Starting Thursday, December 26 at 10:00 p.m. until Friday, December 27 at 6:00 a.m., ITS will be updating the software and hardware that controls campus wireless access (e.g. MWireless). During this time, users may have trouble connecting to the campus WiFi networks.
Further updates about this maintenance can be found on the ITS Service Status page.
- Start: Saturday, December 21, 6:00 a.m.
- End: Saturday, December 21, 10:00 a.m.
On Saturday, December 21 from 6:00 to 10:00 a.m., the Climate and Space Research Building will undergo electrical maintenance. During this time, lighting and general power may be unavailable is some areas.
- Start: Monday, December 16, 7:30 a.m.
- End: Fall 2020
The CAEN computer lab located in LBME 1310 will be closed indefinitely on Monday, December 16 at 7:30 a.m. while the first floor of the building is remodeled. Work is tentatively expected to be completed by Fall 2020.
For further information on this remodel, refer to the Biomedical Engineering department web page.