- Below you will find all past and present announcements for outages that affect CAEN services, including planned upgrades and maintenance.
- Notifications of CAEN service down-times are also regularly posted to our UMcaenstatus Twitter feed.
- Announcements about current and upcoming campus-wide service outages are also available at the ITS Service Status page.
From 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 18 until 8:00 a.m. Monday, August 21, the CAEN Windows Remote Desktop Service will be unavailable while ITS upgrades the underlying VDI infrastructure.
On Thursday, September 14 between 5:00 and 8:30 a.m., maintenance has been scheduled for servers that support the CAEN Lab Software Environment (CLSE). This maintenance is intended to apply security patches, correcting recent operating system and software application vulnerabilities.
The following services may experience an outage during the above maintenance timeframe:
- Linux Login Service (accessed as login.engin.umich.edu, login-course.engin.umich.edu, oncampus-course.engin.umich.edu, or restricted-course.engin.umich.edu), also known as the “VNC” servers.
- Some applications on CLSE for Windows computers, including via the Windows Remote Desktop Service.
As of 10:30 a.m., the Duderstadt Center has been experiencing intermittent network connectivity issues. CAEN staff are investigating. Further updates will be available on the ITS Service Status page.
On Saturday, August 26 starting at 11:00 p.m., ITS will be performing maintenance on the AFS production servers. The maintenance is expected to be completed by 3:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 27. During the maintenance window, as servers are rebooted, there will be a brief outage that may impact access to AFS storage services. Further information on this maintenance is available on the ITS Service Status page.
The Pierpont Commons will be closed on Saturday, July 29 while Plant Operations conducts preventative maintenance work. The building will reopen on Sunday, July 30 at 9:00 a.m.