- Below you will find a calendar of upcoming outages that affect CAEN services, including planned upgrades and maintenance.
- A list of all past and present outage postings, including a description of the services affected, is also provided below.
- Notifications of CAEN service down-times are regularly posted to our UMcaenstatus Twitter feed.
- Postings about current and upcoming U-M campus-wide service outages are available at the ITS Service Status page.
Update: Service was restored at 2:36 p.m.
Duo is currently investigating authentication failures on their servers. Two-factor authentication on campus, including to CAEN remote access services, may be slow or fail until they resolve the issue. Further information and updates are available on the ITS Service Status Page.
On Tuesday, October 31 at 7:00 a.m., ITS will be turning off the old DNS Resolver IP addresses. Computers manually configured with the old addresses will no longer be able to resolve hostnames, which will prevent connections to other computers. Further information on this change can be found on the ITS Service Status page.
On Saturday, October 21 from 7:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., maintenance will be performed on the electric high voltage substation for the Gerstacker and ERB I & II buildings. The buildings should not be occupied during this time due to lighting, ventilation, networking, elevator, and life safety system service interruptions. Further information about this outage can be found on the ITS Service Status Page.
On Thursday, November 16 between 5:00 and 8:30 a.m., maintenance has been scheduled for servers that support the CAEN Lab Software Environment (CLSE). This maintenance is intended to apply security patches, correcting recent operating system and software application vulnerabilities.
The following services may experience an outage during the above maintenance timeframe:
- Linux Login Service (accessed as login-course-2fa.engin.umich.edu, oncampus-course.engin.umich.edu, or restricted-course.engin.umich.edu), also known as the “VNC” servers.
- Some applications on CLSE for Windows computers, including via the Windows Remote Desktop Service.
Service Restored: 10/06/2017 3:30 p.m.
Access to the umich.edu AFS servers is currently unavailable. Student home directories hosted in AFS will also be unavailable. Further information and updates can be found on the ITS Service Status page.