- Below you will find a calendar of upcoming planned outages that affect CAEN services, including upgrades and maintenance.
- A list of past outage postings, including a description of the services affected, is also provided below.
- Notifications of CAEN service down-times are regularly posted to our UMcaenstatus Twitter feed.
- Postings about all campus-wide service outages are also available on the ITS Service Status page.
- Start: Thursday, November 15, 5:00 a.m.
- End: Thursday, November 15, 8:30 a.m.
On Thursday, November 15 between 5:00 and 8:30 a.m., maintenance has been scheduled for servers that support the CAEN Lab Software Environment (CLSE). This maintenance is intended to apply recent operating system and software application updates, and install patches for software vulnerabilities.
The following CAEN lab services may experience an outage during the above maintenance timeframe:
- Windows computers, including those accessed via the Windows Remote Desktop Service.
- Linux computers, including the Linux Login Service (accessed as login.engin.umich.edu, login-course-2fa.engin.umich.edu, oncampus-course.engin.umich.edu, or restricted-course.engin.umich.edu), also known as the “VNC” servers.
- Start: Thursday, November 8, 5:20 a.m.
- End: Thursday, November 8, 9:10 a.m.
The server that supports the College’s departmental web applications is currently down. CAEN staff are investigating, and this posting will be updated as soon as service has been restored.
Update: The service has been restored.
- Start: Tuesday, October 16, 9:00 a.m.
- End: Tuesday, October 16, 3:00 p.m.
The CAEN computer lab located in FXB B085 will be closed on Tuesday, October 16 from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. for maintenance.
On Tuesday, October 2 from 6:00 to 6:30 a.m., ITS will be performing maintenance on the network hardware that supports the Bonisteel Interdisciplinary Research Building (BIRB). During this time, there may be a brief outage for all wired and wireless networks in the building, lasting 10-15 minutes. Further information can be found on the ITS Service Status page.
Teamcenter’s database has been down since 2:45PM on Saturday, September 22. CAEN Staff are currently working to get the service restored. There is currently no estimated time to bring it back online.