- Below you will find a calendar of upcoming planned outages that affect CAEN services, including upgrades and maintenance.
- A list of past outage postings, including a description of the services affected, is also provided.
- Notifications of CAEN service downtimes are regularly posted to our UMcaenstatus Twitter feed.
- Postings about all campus-wide service outages are also available on the ITS Service Status page.
- Start: Friday, September 20, 11:00 p.m.
- End: Saturday, September 21, 3:00 a.m.
From Friday, September 20 at 11:00 p.m. until Saturday, September 21 at 3:00 a.m., maintenance has been scheduled for the servers that support printing on campus. Further information and updates about this outage can be found on the ITS Service Status page.
- Start: Tuesday, September 24, 6:00 a.m.
- End: Tuesday, September 24, 2:00 p.m.
On Tuesday, September 24 between 6:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., maintenance has been scheduled for the electrical substation that supports the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) building, which will result in a total power outage. During this maintenance, Wi-Fi, wired network connections, network phones, printers, etc. will be unavailable. Further information and updates about this outage can be found on the ITS Service Status page.
- Start: Thursday, October 10, 5:00 a.m.
- End: Thursday, October 10, 8:30 a.m.
On Thursday, October 10 between 5:00 and 8:30 a.m., maintenance has been scheduled for servers that support the CAEN Lab Software Environment (CLSE). This maintenance is intended to apply recent operating system and software application updates, and install patches for software vulnerabilities.
The following CLSE services may experience an outage during the above maintenance timeframe:
- Windows computers, including those accessed via the Windows Remote Desktop Service
- Linux computers, including the Linux Login Service (accessed as login.engin.umich.edu, login-course.engin.umich.edu, and oncampus-course.engin.umich.edu), also known as the “VNC” servers
- Teamcenter product lifecycle management (PLM) services
- Start: Thursday, September 5, 12:30 p.m.
- End: Thursday, September 5, 12:40 p.m.
On Thursday, September 5 12:30 p.m. there were a few brief losses of power across most Ann Arbor campus buildings. The loss of power was due to an unknown issue at this time. Further updates can be found on the ITS Service Status page.
- Start: Thursday, August 22, 8:30 a.m.
- End: Thursday, August 22, 12:00 p.m.
On Thursday, August 22 from 8:30 a.m. until 12:00 p.m., the computer lab located in Cooley 1934 will be closed for maintenance.