- Below you will find a calendar of upcoming planned outages that affect CAEN services, including upgrades and maintenance.
- A list of past outage postings, including a description of the services affected, is also provided.
- Notifications of CAEN service downtimes are regularly posted to our UMcaenstatus Twitter feed.
- Postings about all campus-wide service outages are also available on the ITS Service Status page.
- Start: Wednesday, May 1, 6:00 a.m.
- End: Wednesday, May 1, 2:30 p.m.
On Wednesday, May 1 from 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) building will have maintenance done on equipment that supports power and network to room 2420.
- Start: Thursday, May 16, 5:00 a.m.
- End: Thursday, May 16, 8:30 a.m.
On Thursday, May 16 between 5:00 and 8:30 a.m., maintenance has been scheduled for servers that support the CAEN Lab Software Environment (CLSE). This maintenance is intended to apply recent operating system and software application updates, and install patches for software vulnerabilities.
The following CLSE services may experience an outage during the above maintenance timeframe:
- Windows computers, including those accessed via the Windows Remote Desktop Service.
- Linux computers, including the Linux Login Service (accessed as login.engin.umich.edu, login-course.engin.umich.edu, and oncampus-course.engin.umich.edu), also known as the “VNC” servers.
- Teamcenter product lifecycle management (PLM) services.
The CAEN computer lab in EECS 1230 will close starting Thursday, May 2 at 8:30 a.m. for renovations.
Further updates will be posted as they become available.
From 5:00 to 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 17 and Thursday, April 18, ITS will be performing maintenance on the uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) that support network hardware in the buildings listed below. During these maintenance windows, there may be up to a 30 minute network outage for each building:
Further information this maintenance can be found on the ITS Service Status page.
- Start: Tuesday, April 9, 7:00 p.m.
- End: Tuesday, April 9, 11:00 p.m.
On Tuesday, April 9 between 7:00 and 11:00 p.m., maintenance has been scheduled for servers that support the Kumo cloud storage connector service. During this time, users of CAEN Windows computers may experience a 5-10 minute service interruption.