- Below you will find a calendar of upcoming outages that affect CAEN services, including planned upgrades and maintenance.
- A list of all past and present outage postings, including a description of the services affected, is also provided below.
- Notifications of CAEN service down-times are regularly posted to our UMcaenstatus Twitter feed.
- Postings about current and upcoming U-M campus-wide service outages are available at the ITS Service Status page.
On Saturday, January 6, 2018 from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., there will be a power shutdown in the School of Information North building to perform 5-year preventative maintenance to the substation. The building should not be occupied during this time due to lighting, ventilation, networking, elevator, and life safety system service interruptions. All sensitive electronic equipment should be turned off or unplugged. Further details on this maintenance are available on the ITS Service Status page.
Update: We received the new license file for Siemens Teamcenter and NX. and CAEN staff installed and tested it prior to the expiration deadline. There should not have been any disruption of services using the software.
The Teamcenter and NX software licenses are scheduled to expire at midnight on December 1, 2017. CAEN is waiting for Siemens to renew the license, and we expect to have a replacement license soon.
This will impact use of Teamcenter and NX on computers in CAEN labs, the Duderstadt Center, and in College of Engineering departmental and private labs.
On Wednesday, November 22 from 6:00 to 8:00 a.m., ITS will be performing electrical maintenance in the School of Information North building. During this time, wired network connectivity may be unavailable. Further information on this maintenance can be found on the ITS Service Status page.
On Thursday, December 14 between 5:00 and 8:30 a.m., maintenance has been scheduled for servers that support the CAEN Lab Software Environment (CLSE). This maintenance is intended to apply security patches, correcting recent operating system and software application vulnerabilities.
The following services may experience an outage during the above maintenance timeframe:
- Linux Login Service (accessed as login-course-2fa.engin.umich.edu, oncampus-course.engin.umich.edu, or restricted-course.engin.umich.edu), also known as the “VNC” servers.
- Some applications on CLSE for Windows computers, including via the Windows Remote Desktop Service.
On Wednesday, November 29 from 5:00 to 7:00 a.m., ITS will be performing maintenance on the EECS building network. During this time, wired and wireless network connectivity may be degraded. Further information on this maintenance is available on the ITS Service Status page.