- Below you will find a calendar of upcoming planned outages that affect CAEN services, including upgrades and maintenance.
- A list of all past and present outage postings, including a description of the services affected, is also provided below.
- Notifications of CAEN service down-times are regularly posted to our UMcaenstatus Twitter feed.
- Postings about current and upcoming University campus-wide service outages are available on the ITS Service Status page.
On Thursday, April 26 from 8:00 to 8:30 a.m., there will be a shutdown of the electric high voltage substation in the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science building while facility operations performs maintenance.
On Saturday, April 21 from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., there will be a power shutdown in the School of Information North while preventative maintenance is performed. The building should not be occupied during this time due to lighting, ventilation, networking, elevator, and life safety system service interruptions. Further information will be posted on the ITS Service Status page.
On Thursday, May 10 between 5:00 and 8:30 a.m., maintenance has been scheduled for servers that support the CAEN Lab Software Environment (CLSE). This maintenance is intended to apply security patches, correcting recent operating system and software application vulnerabilities.
The following services may experience an outage during the above maintenance timeframe:
- Linux Login Service (accessed as login-course-2fa.engin.umich.edu, oncampus-course.engin.umich.edu, or restricted-course.engin.umich.edu), also known as the “VNC” servers.
- Some applications on CLSE for Windows computers, including via the Windows Remote Desktop Service.
On Tuesday, April 10 at 6:00 a.m., ITS will be turning off the old DNS Resolver IP address redirects. Computers manually configured with the old addresses will no longer be able to resolve hostnames, which will prevent connections to other computers. Further information on this change can be found on the ITS Service Status page.
UMnet is currently working to resolve an issue with a core router that is impacting many North Campus Virtual Firewall networks. Further information is available on the ITS Service Status page.