- Below you will find a calendar of upcoming planned outages that affect CAEN services, including upgrades and maintenance.
- A list of past outage postings, including a description of the services affected, is also provided below.
- Notifications of CAEN service down-times are regularly posted to our UMcaenstatus Twitter feed.
- Postings about all campus-wide service outages are also available on the ITS Service Status page.
- Start: Thursday, February 10, 5:00 a.m.
- End: Thursday, February 10, 8:30 a.m.
On Thursday, February 10 between 5:00 and 8:30 a.m., maintenance has been scheduled for servers that support the CAEN Lab Software Environment (CLSE). This maintenance is intended to apply recent operating system and software application updates, and install patches for software vulnerabilities.
The following CAEN lab services may experience an outage during the above maintenance timeframe:
- Windows computers, including those accessed via the Windows Remote Desktop Service.
- Linux computers, including the Linux Login Service (accessed as login.engin.umich.edu, login-course.engin.umich.edu, and oncampus-course.engin.umich.edu), also known as the “VNC” servers.
On Monday, January 7 from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m., CAEN will be performing maintenance on one of the software license servers. During this time, the following software applications may be unavailable:
- Wolfson Unit WinDesign
On Friday, January 4 between 6:00 and 7:00 a.m., ITS will be replacing a faulty UPS in the ERB building. A network outage of less than 15 minutes is expected during this maintenance window. Further information about this outage can be found on the ITS Service Status page.
Due to an outage with DTE Energy, Traverwood lost power to network equipment around 12:00 p.m. DTE restored service at 1:45 p.m. Further information on this outage can be found on the ITS Service Status page.
On Saturday, December 8 at 7:30 a.m. until Monday, December 10 at 3:30 p.m., electrical maintenance will be performed in the Michigan Memorial Phoenix Lab (MMPL). During this time, ITS wired and Wi-Fi networks may be affected near the dehumidification room. Lights and electrical outlets may also be affected. Further information on this maintenance can be found on the ITS Service Status page.