- Presentation systems, including projectors, lecterns, sound systems, and room controls, may be used by any instructor or presenter in the 50 College of Engineering scheduled classrooms.
- Room-based lecture recording systems are installed in most of the classrooms, and other on-campus locations, with additional installations planned. Use of the lecture recording system is limited to College of Engineering courses and events.
- CAEN consultants are also available to assist College of Engineering instructors with using some of the most popular tools and online services in their teaching.
The goal of CAEN and the College of Engineering’s Office of Instructional Technology is to provide consistent, easy to use, and reliable technology to enhance learning and teaching for instructors and students in every classroom maintained by the College. Classroom technology has a self-service orientation, facilitated by easy to use in-room control systems and setups pre-configured by CAEN staff. Classroom technology is actively supported and enhanced by CAEN. Other related technology, including desktop and room-based conferencing and collaboration systems, also receive limited support.
Staff members are available to provide one-on-one support to faculty who are interested in using technology in their courses:
- To request training for a particular College classroom, contact CAEN. Please give a minimum of one week’s notice due to schedule constraints.
- To report equipment problems in a room, call the CAEN Help Desk at (734) 764-CAEN .
- Nexus, the College’s online education program, is well qualified to support faculty with classes that involve remote students, including managing an online classroom and other remote teaching resources.
- For information on scheduling a College of Engineering classroom, refer to the Undergraduate Office of the Registrar website.
- To report building/facility problems, call the Facilities Management Office at (734) 647-7070.