- CAEN-supported presentation systems, including projectors/displays, lecterns, microphones, sound systems, and room controls, may be used by any instructor or presenter in Michigan Engineering scheduled classrooms.
- Room-based lecture recording systems are installed in all of the Michigan Engineering classrooms. There is also the ability to live stream lectures via Zoom on a computer located at the instructor lectern (a UMICH account is required to log in).
- There are multiple ways in the classrooms to connect your device for display on the projectors. Use the Crestron touchscreen panel to choose your input device. You are able to connect via HDMI, Apple TV, or use the computer in the classroom directly.
- CAEN consultants are also available to assist Michigan Engineering instructors with using some of the most popular tools and online services in their teaching.
CAEN’s goal is to provide consistent and reliable technology to enhance teaching and learning for every instructor and student. The technology in classrooms generally offers a self-service orientation, facilitated by easy-to-use, in-room control systems and setups pre-configured by CAEN. Other related technology, including laptop and room-based conferencing/collaboration systems, also receive limited support.
A brief overview of the presentation control systems and A/V equipment in CAEN-supported classrooms is provided below:
If you have additional questions or would like to request further training for a particular classroom, contact CAEN. Please give a minimum of one-week’s notice due to scheduling constraints.
We are also able to help with questions regarding instructional software. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like help with instructional software or would like advice on potential technology to support what you are trying to do. We also have training sessions, workshops, office hours, and drop in sessions where CAEN staff will be able to assist with your questions.
- For emergency support for an equipment problem in a Michigan Engineering classroom – press the “Report Problem” button on the Crestron touchscreen panel at the lectern of the classroom.
- To report a non-urgent equipment problem in a Michigan Engineering classroom, contact the CAEN Help Desk at (734) 764-CAEN  or email email@example.com.
- For information on scheduling a Michigan Engineering classroom, refer to the Undergraduate Office of the Registrar website.
- To report a building or facility problem, contact the Facilities Management Office.