- CAEN-managed presentation systems, including projectors, lecterns, sound systems, and room controls, may be used by any instructor or presenter in College of Engineering scheduled classrooms.
- Room-based lecture recording systems are installed in all of the classrooms, and other on-campus locations, with additional installations planned.
- Most classrooms also offer the ability to live stream lectures via Zoom on a computer located at the instructor lectern.
- CAEN consultants are also available to assist College of Engineering instructors with using some of the most popular tools and online services in their teaching.
CAEN’s goal is to provide consistent and reliable technology to enhance teaching and learning for every instructor and student. The technology in classrooms generally offers a self-service orientation, facilitated by easy-to-use, in-room control systems and setups pre-configured by CAEN. Other related technology, including laptop and room-based conferencing/collaboration systems, also receive limited support.
A brief overview of the presentation control systems and A/V equipment in CAEN-managed classrooms is provided below:
To ask questions or request further training for a particular classroom, contact CAEN. Please give minimum of a one-week notice due to schedule constraints.
- To report an equipment problem in a College of Engineering classroom, contact the CAEN Help Desk at (734) 764-CAEN .
- For information on scheduling a College classroom, refer to the Undergraduate Office of the Registrar website.
- To report a building or facility problem, contact the Facilities Management Office.