- Start: Thursday, November 15, 5:00 a.m.
- End: Thursday, November 15, 8:30 a.m.
On Thursday, November 15 between 5:00 and 8:30 a.m., maintenance has been scheduled for servers that support the CAEN Lab Software Environment (CLSE). This maintenance is intended to apply recent operating system and software application updates, and install patches for software vulnerabilities.
The following CAEN lab services may experience an outage during the above maintenance timeframe:
- Windows computers, including those accessed via the Windows Remote Desktop Service.
- Linux computers, including the Linux Login Service (accessed as login.engin.umich.edu, login-course-2fa.engin.umich.edu, oncampus-course.engin.umich.edu, or restricted-course.engin.umich.edu), also known as the “VNC” servers.
- Start: Thursday, November 8, 5:20 a.m.
- End: Thursday, November 8, 9:10 a.m.
The server that supports the College’s departmental web applications is currently down. CAEN staff are investigating, and this posting will be updated as soon as service has been restored.
Update: The service has been restored.
- Start: Tuesday, October 16, 9:00 a.m.
- End: Tuesday, October 16, 3:00 p.m.
The CAEN computer lab located in FXB B085 will be closed on Tuesday, October 16 from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. for maintenance.
On Tuesday, October 2 from 6:00 to 6:30 a.m., ITS will be performing maintenance on the network hardware that supports the Bonisteel Interdisciplinary Research Building (BIRB). During this time, there may be a brief outage for all wired and wireless networks in the building, lasting 10-15 minutes. Further information can be found on the ITS Service Status page.
Teamcenter’s database has been down since 2:45PM on Saturday, September 22. CAEN Staff are currently working to get the service restored. There is currently no estimated time to bring it back online.
- Start: Saturday, October 13, 11:00 p.m.
- End: Sunday, October 14, 3:00 a.m.
From Saturday, October 13 at 11:00 p.m. until Sunday, October 14 at 3:00 a.m., ITS will be performing maintenance on the AFS file servers. During this time, there will be brief interruptions of AFS connectivity that may affect login access to CAEN Linux systems. Further information on this maintenance is available on the ITS Service Status page.
- Start: Saturday, October 13, 10:30 p.m.
- End: Sunday, October 14, 7:00 a.m.
On Saturday, October 13 starting at 10:30 p.m. until Sunday, October 14 at 7:00 a.m., ITS will be performing maintenance on the servers that support the Windows Remote Desktop Service. During this time, students may not be able to connect using the VMware Horizon View Client, and existing sessions will be terminated.
For more information about this maintenance, refer to the ITS Service Status page.
- Start: Friday, September 7, 9:30 a.m.
- End: Friday, October 26, 8:00 a.m.
We have received reports that LabVIEW may be running slow for many students in CAEN computer labs and via the remote desktop service. CAEN staff are investigating, and this posting will be updated once further information is available.
Update: We have identified an issue with the slow load times for LabVIEW, and have made changes to improve the performance. CAEN staff are continuing to investigate improvements for performance.
- Start: Friday, September 21, 6:00 a.m.
- End: Friday, September 21, 7:00 a.m.
On Friday, September 21 from 6:00 to 7:00 a.m., the uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for the network in the Lurie Engineering Center will be replaced. Any potential outage will be less than 15 minutes during the maintenance window. Further information is available on the ITS Service Status page.
- Start: Wednesday, September 19, 6:00 a.m.
- End: Thursday, September 20, 7:00 a.m.
On Wednesday, September 19 and Thursday, September 20 from 6:00 to 7:00 a.m., the uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floor networks in the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science building will be replaced. Any potential outage will be less than 15 minutes. Further information is available on the ITS Service Status page.