- Below you will find a calendar of upcoming planned outages that affect CAEN services, including upgrades and maintenance.
- A list of past outage postings, including a description of the services affected, is also provided.
- Notifications of CAEN service downtimes are regularly posted to our UMcaenstatus Twitter feed.
- Postings about all campus-wide service outages are also available on the ITS Service Status page.
- Start: Thursday, December 12, 7:30 a.m.
- End: Friday, January 17, 8:00 a.m.
From Thursday, December 12 at 7:30 a.m. until Wednesday, January 8 at 8:00 a.m., the CAEN computer lab located in NAME 134 will be closed for renovation.
Update 1/8/20: The room has been opened for course use, but the computer installation has been delayed. We will update this posting once the computers are installed and ready for student use.
- Start: Saturday, December 21, 11:00 p.m.
- End: Sunday, December 22, 6:00 a.m.
On Saturday, December 21 at 11:00 p.m., ITS will perform maintenance on the U-M AFS servers.
During this maintenance, CAEN users may have trouble accessing their AFS home directories and logging into CAEN Linux computers (including the Login/VNC servers).
Further updates and information on this maintenance can be found on the ITS Service Status page.
On Saturday, November 23 at 10:50 a.m., U-M lost power to the MACC data center during a fire inspection. This impacted many services hosted at the MACC, as well as many College of Engineering and departmental systems. Power has been restored and services are slowly coming back up, starting with core services such as the network.
The software licenses for a number of software titles provided by Siemens are scheduled to expire at midnight on Sunday, December 1. CAEN has renewed these licenses and is just waiting on Siemens to deliver the new license files. We expect to have them before the end of the week, and we are posting this notice as a precautionary measure.
Software titles impacted by this outage:
- Siemens NX
- Tecnomatix Jack
This outage will impact use of these Siemens software titles in CAEN Labs, in the Duderstadt Center, and in College of Engineering department and private labs.
- Start: Thursday, December 5, 5:00 a.m.
- End: Thursday, December 5, 7:00 a.m.
On Thursday, December 5 from 5:00 to 7:00 a.m., there will be a disruption in Wi-Fi service for the Duderstadt Center while ITS performs maintenance. Further information about this outage can be found on the ITS Service Status page.