- Start: Saturday, January 18, 11:00 p.m.
- End: Sunday, January 19, 3:00 a.m.
On Saturday, January 18 at 11:00 p.m., ITS will perform maintenance on the U-M AFS servers. During this maintenance, CAEN users may have trouble accessing their AFS home directories and logging into CAEN Linux computers (including the Login/VNC servers). Further updates and information on this maintenance can be found on the ITS Service Status page.
- Start: Monday, January 20, 8:00 a.m.
- End: Tuesday, January 21, 8:00 a.m.
ITS plans to disable the crowded 2.4 GHz frequency from the MWireless Wi-Fi network this month, which will move most devices to the faster, more reliable 5 GHz frequency that is now pervasive across campus. After January 20, devices that only support 2.4 GHz connections will no longer be able to connect to the MWireless network. Users with these devices will need to configure them to use the eduroam network instead using MSetup.
Further information about this change can be found on the ITS website and their project summary document.
- Start: Thursday, December 26, 10:00 p.m.
- End: Friday, December 27, 6:00 a.m.
Starting Thursday, December 26 at 10:00 p.m. until Friday, December 27 at 6:00 a.m., ITS will be updating the software and hardware that controls campus wireless access (e.g. MWireless). During this time, users may have trouble connecting to the campus WiFi networks.
Further updates about this maintenance can be found on the ITS Service Status page.
- Start: Saturday, December 21, 6:00 a.m.
- End: Saturday, December 21, 10:00 a.m.
On Saturday, December 21 from 6:00 to 10:00 a.m., the Climate and Space Research Building will undergo electrical maintenance. During this time, lighting and general power may be unavailable is some areas.
- Start: Monday, December 16, 7:30 a.m.
- End: Fall 2020
The CAEN computer lab located in LBME 1310 will be closed indefinitely on Monday, December 16 at 7:30 a.m. while the first floor of the building is remodeled. Work is tentatively expected to be completed by Fall 2020.
For further information on this remodel, refer to the Biomedical Engineering department web page.
- Start: Thursday, December 12, 7:30 a.m.
- End: Friday, January 17, 8:00 a.m.
From Thursday, December 12 at 7:30 a.m. until Wednesday, January 8 at 8:00 a.m., the CAEN computer lab located in NAME 134 will be closed for renovation.
Update 1/8/20: The room has been opened for course use, but the computer installation has been delayed. We will update this posting once the computers are installed and ready for student use.
- Start: Saturday, December 21, 11:00 p.m.
- End: Sunday, December 22, 6:00 a.m.
On Saturday, December 21 at 11:00 p.m., ITS will perform maintenance on the U-M AFS servers.
During this maintenance, CAEN users may have trouble accessing their AFS home directories and logging into CAEN Linux computers (including the Login/VNC servers).
Further updates and information on this maintenance can be found on the ITS Service Status page.
The software licenses for a number of software titles provided by Siemens are scheduled to expire at midnight on Sunday, December 1. CAEN has renewed these licenses and is just waiting on Siemens to deliver the new license files. We expect to have them before the end of the week, and we are posting this notice as a precautionary measure.
Software titles impacted by this outage:
- Siemens NX
- Tecnomatix Jack
This outage will impact use of these Siemens software titles in CAEN Labs, in the Duderstadt Center, and in College of Engineering department and private labs.
- Start: Thursday, December 5, 5:00 a.m.
- End: Thursday, December 5, 7:00 a.m.
On Thursday, December 5 from 5:00 to 7:00 a.m., there will be a disruption in Wi-Fi service for the Duderstadt Center while ITS performs maintenance. Further information about this outage can be found on the ITS Service Status page.
- Start: Thursday, November 14, 5:00 a.m.
- End: Thursday, November 14, 8:30 a.m.
On Thursday, November 14 between 5:00 and 8:30 a.m., maintenance has been scheduled for servers that support the CAEN Lab Software Environment (CLSE). This maintenance is intended to apply recent operating system and software application updates, and install patches for software vulnerabilities.
The following CLSE services may experience an outage during the above maintenance timeframe:
- Windows computers, including those accessed via the Windows Remote Desktop Service
- Linux computers, including the Linux Login Service (accessed as login.engin.umich.edu, login-course.engin.umich.edu, and oncampus-course.engin.umich.edu), also known as the “VNC” servers
- Teamcenter product lifecycle management (PLM) services