- A few CAEN computer labs and the Duderstadt Center provide collaborative stations, offering a spacious workspace situated around a computer with a large LED display, and connections for personal devices.
- These stations may be reserved by students for limited blocks of time for group activities, such as course assignments, capstone projects, and student team development.
- Some policies and regulations apply to all collaborative station reservation requests.
Stations Available for Reservation
|Lab||Number of Stations|
|Duderstadt Center “Vizhubs” 2nd Floor Southwest||13|
|G.G. Brown 2570||4|
How to make a Reservation
To make a reservation, visit the Collaborative Workspace Reservation website. You must log in using your U-M uniqname and UMICH password. Select the building, room, and station you would like to reserve, and then select a time-slot. You may reserve up to two consecutive time slots in CAEN labs and up to four consecutive time slots for the Duderstadt Center “Vizhub” stations. When you confirm your reservation, an event will be added automatically to your M+Google calendar.
For detailed, step-by-step instructions, see the CAEN Knowledge Base.
- Only designated collaborative stations in CAEN computer labs may be reserved for group use.
- Only one station may be reserved by a single group at one time.
- Reservations in CAEN computer labs are available between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Reservations for the Duderstadt Center “Vizhub” stations are available between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 midnight, seven days per week.
- The minimum reservation duration is one hour.
- The maximum consecutive reservation duration for stations in CAEN computer labs is two hours.
- The maximum consecutive reservation duration for stations in the Duderstadt Center is four hours.
- Unreserved stations are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Reservations are available only for the next two calendar weeks.