- For Michigan Engineering students, faculty and staff, access to CAEN computing services is automatically granted once their role in the College becomes active.
- Non-Engineering who are enrolled in a College of Engineering course will also be granted automatic access starting on the first day of classes for the term.
- The process for other individuals to obtain “CAEN Access” may differ depending on their role, and are handled on a case-by-case basis according to the College’s eligibility requirements.
- Contact the CAEN Help Desk with any questions about obtaining access.
All members of the College of Engineering must have their U-M uniqname and ITS computing account prior to obtaining CAEN Access.
- Students – New or incoming College of Engineering students who are enrolled in U-M courses will automatically receive their CAEN Access immediately prior to the first day of classes for the term. Other U-M students who are enrolled in an Engineering course will also receive automatic access once the term begins.
Students who have registered for courses in the current term and find they do not have access (e.g. cannot log into CAEN computers) should contact the CAEN Help Desk to submit a request. Access to CAEN computing services cannot be issued unless a student’s enrollment can be verified by official University data, provided by Wolverine Access.
- Faculty & Staff – New College of Engineering faculty and staff will automatically receive their CAEN Access on their employment start date. If a faculty member requires access prior to their start date, departmental IT support staff may request access on their behalf by providing verification of employment. Otherwise, access to CAEN resources cannot be issued unless eligibility is verified from official University employment data.