- For Michigan Engineering students, faculty and staff, access to CAEN computing services is automatically granted once their role in the College becomes active.
- The process for other individuals to obtain CAEN access may differ depending on their role, and are handled on a case-by-case basis according to College eligibility requirements.
- Contact the CAEN Help Desk with any questions about obtaining access.
All members of the College of Engineering must obtain their U-M uniqname and ITS computing account prior to requesting CAEN access. In general, the process for obtaining access to a CAEN computing services varies depending on one’s role at the College:
- Students – Most new or incoming College of Engineering students will automatically receive their CAEN access immediately prior to the first day of classes for the term in which they are enrolled. Other U-M students who register for an Engineering course will also receive automatic access. Students who have registered for courses and find they do not have access during the term (e.g. cannot log into CAEN computers) should contact the CAEN Help Desk to submit a request. Access to CAEN computing services cannot be issued unless a student’s enrollment can be verified by official University data, provided by Wolverine Access.
- Faculty & Staff – New College of Engineering faculty and staff will automatically receive their CAEN access on their employment start date. If a faculty member requires access prior to their start date, designated departmental IT support staff may request access on their behalf and provide verification of employment. Otherwise, access to CAEN resources cannot be issued unless eligibility can be verified from official University employment data.