- All CAEN computer labs are available to students on a first come, first served drop-in basis.
- Limited reservations are allowed in a subset of designated labs by Engineering faculty or graduate student instructors in order to accommodate course-related instructional use.
- Additional policies and regulations apply to all lab reservation requests.
CAEN Labs Available for Reservation
The following CAEN computer labs may be reserved for Engineering course-related, instructional use. Both one-time and recurring reservation requests are considered.
Note: Reservation requests require UMICH login to the College’s 25Live system. To begin a reservation request, click the pencil icon over the date/time you would like your event to start, and you will be taken to the request form. If you have trouble accessing the links below, please contact CAEN.
|Lab Location||Computers||Request a Reservation|
|Beyster 1620||54||Check Availability|
|GGBL 2517||47||Check Availability|
|NAME 134||32||Check Availability|
|CSRB 2230||26||Check Availability|
|IOE G610||25||Check Availability|
|EECS 2331||21||Check Availability|
- Designated CAEN computer labs may only be reserved for Engineering course-related instruction (not office hours) for which CAEN computers are required.
- Only College of Engineering faculty, administrative staff, or designated graduate student instructors may reserve a lab.
- Faculty and administrative staff must have regular, non-zero Engineering appointments with their administrative home in an Engineering academic department.
- Requests must be made at least two business days in advance (more notice is preferred) to accommodate notification to drop-in users.
- Reservations may only be for a time period between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Reservation requests will be denied if they create an adverse effect on drop-in usage.
- Engineering faculty and staff must request temporary login access for non-College of Engineering attendees of events being held in a reserved lab.
- If additional software is needed, reservation requests must comply with the course software submission deadlines.
- CAEN does not supply extra seating or equipment for reservations.
- All reservation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.