- All CAEN computer labs are available to students on a first come, first served drop-in basis.
- Limited reservations are allowed in a subset of designated labs by Engineering faculty or graduate student instructors in order to accommodate course-related instructional use.
- Additional policies and regulations apply to all lab reservation requests.
CAEN Labs Available for Reservation
The following CAEN computer labs may be reserved for Engineering course-related, instructional use. Both one-time and recurring reservation requests are considered.
Note: Reservation requests require UMICH login to the College’s 25Live system. To begin a reservation request, click the pencil icon over the time you would like your event to start, and you will be taken to the request form. If you have trouble accessing the links below, please contact CAEN.
|Lab Location||Computers||Request a Reservation|
|Beyster 1620 (Both sides)||54||Check Availability|
|GGBL 2517||47||Check Availability|
|Beyster 1620 (A side only)||27||Check Availability|
|Beyster 1620 (B side only)||27||Check Availability|
|CSRB 2230||26||Check Availability|
|IOE G610||25||Check Availability|
|EECS 2331||21||Check Availability|
- Designated CAEN computer labs may only be reserved for Engineering course-related instruction (not office hours) for which CAEN computers are required.
- Only College of Engineering faculty, administrative staff, or designated graduate student instructors may reserve a lab.
- Faculty and administrative staff must have regular, non-zero Engineering appointments with their administrative home in an Engineering academic department.
- Requests must be made at least two business days in advance (more notice is preferred) to accommodate notification to drop-in users.
- Reservations may only be for a time period between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Reservation requests will be denied if they create an adverse effect on drop-in usage.
- Labs may be available to drop-in users if a partial reservation is made.
- Engineering faculty and staff must request temporary login access for non-College of Engineering attendees of events being held in a reserved lab.
- If additional software is needed, reservation requests must comply with the course software submission deadlines.
- CAEN does not supply extra seating or equipment for reservations.
- All reservation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.