- The following computer models are supported for the CAEN Lab Software Environment (CLSE), and have been or are currently deployed in CAEN computer labs.
- “Supported” means that device drivers and applications for a system’s hardware are included in the installation, and guaranteed to work.
Supported hardware models are updated annually each Spring/Summer:
- Dell Precision 3460 with 500GB NVMe drive, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX A2000 12GB graphics
- Dell Precision 3240 with 500GB NVMe drive, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 graphics
- HP Z2 G4 with 500GB SATA drive, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro P1000 graphics
There is no guarantee that future versions of the CLSE will function on the same hardware as prior versions.
CAEN will not provide any support for the CLSE on hardware that is not on the above list. Nevertheless, it is possible in some cases to deploy the CLSE to systems that are not on the supported hardware list provided that eligibility requirements are still met. In those cases, departmental IT support staff are responsible for all support of the machine, including the installation of device drivers that are not part of the CLSE product.
It is possible that for some non-supported hardware, the CLSE may work without any extra effort. For some hardware, departmental IT support staff may have to install device drivers themselves. Some hardware will not work at all. In no case should the CLSE ever be deployed to a laptop. CAEN makes no guarantees that the CLSE will function correctly on non-supported hardware.
The Windows CLSE requires 500 GB of disk space. The Linux CLSE requires 100 GB of disk space. Both editions of the CLSE require hardware that supports UEFI booting.