- The following computer models are supported by the 2016 CAEN Lab Software Environment (CLSE), and have been or are currently deployed in CAEN computer labs.
- “Supported” means that device drivers and applications for that system’s hardware are included in the installation, and the system is guaranteed to work.
- HP Z240 with 1 TB SATA drive, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K620 graphics
- HP Z230 with 1 TB SATA drive, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K620 graphics
- HP Z230 with 1 TB SATA drive, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K600 graphics
Models are added and removed from the list annually. There is no guarantee that future versions of the CLSE will function on the same hardware as did prior versions.
CAEN will not provide any support for the CLSE for hardware that is not on the above list. Nevertheless, it is possible in some cases to deploy the CLSE to systems that are not on the supported hardware list provided that eligibility requirements are still met. In those cases, departmental IT support staff are responsible for all support of the machine, including the installation of device drivers that are not part of the CLSE product.
It is possible that for some non-supported hardware, the CLSE may work without any extra effort. For some hardware, departmental IT support staff may have to install device drivers themselves. Some hardware will not work at all. In no case should the CLSE ever be deployed to a laptop. CAEN makes no guarantees that the CLSE will function correctly on non-supported hardware.
The 2016 CLSE for Windows requires 500 GB of disk space. The 2016 CLSE for Linux requires 100 GB of disk space. Both editions of the CLSE require hardware that supports UEFI booting.