- Eligible students at the College of Engineering receive a supplemental allocation of $40.00 each full term for use on Information and Technology Services (ITS) printers.
- Charges are taken from the allocation per impression (per printed side of a piece of paper) at ITS rates.
- Additional charges printed beyond the total allocation each term are charged to student accounts.
- ITS printers are available in many locations across campus, including all CAEN computer labs.
- Printing allocations are reset on the first business day for each term.
The College of Engineering provides a supplemental printing allocation to eligible student CAEN Account holders each full term. This supplemental allocation is added to the ITS Standard Computing Services printing allocation, and is intended to address the academic needs of Engineering students while ensuring that printing resources are used effectively. Students can use their total printing allocation at ITS printing locations across campus, including in CAEN computer labs, the Duderstadt Center, and ITS Campus Computing Sites. This printing allocation can only be used to print impressions on ITS printers, including black & white, color, tabloid and poster printers.
Allocations & Costs
All University of Michigan students receive a set of Standard Computing Services from ITS each term, which provides $24.00 for use on ITS printers. Eligible students at the College of Engineering also receive a College-funded supplemental allocation of $40.00, for a total allocation of $64.00 per full term. Each impression printed or copied on an ITS printer is deducted from the total printing allocation. After the total allocation is depleted, if no other allocations are available, charges for additional impressions are applied to student accounts at the ITS rates.
Check Your Printing Usage
Determine how much you’ve printed on ITS printers and how much of your allocation remains at the ITS Printing Usage web page.
Questions or Problems?
Questions about the supplemental printing allocation should be directed to the CAEN Hotline. For all other printing questions, or to report printer jams, malfunctions or quality problems, contact the ITS Service Center.