As part of the Web Publishing Service, CAEN offers access to WordPress for hosting and managing content. Some features of using CAEN’s WordPress server include:
- College of Engineering themes and page templates are provided, and are updated regularly.
- Look and feel closely resembles the main Michigan Engineering website.
- Ability to have visually impactful photo rotations and image slideshows.
- Ability to have graphical elements in sidebars.
- Ability to feature auto-updated events from the College Calendar.
- Ability to feature auto-updated news from the College News Center.
- Ability to create a people/contact listing with individuals’ profile information.
- Provides a single, responsive menu for site navigation.
- No custom themes or page templates are allowed to be installed on individual sites.
- No support for Sensitive Regulated Data.
- No password-protected content can be accommodated with CAEN’s WordPress implementation.
- No custom plugins are allowed to be installed on individual sites.
- Due to the multi-site configuration of the WordPress server, individuals cannot install plugins on their sites. Since plugins can only be installed server-wide, CAEN must be careful and restrictive about what plugins are installed as we cannot be responsible for securing, updating, or maintaining multiple plugins for each individual site.
Detailed instructions for managing a WordPress site in CAEN’s Web Publishing Service are currently available in our Knowledge Base, including several video tutorials. For more information about CAEN’s Web Publishing Service, or to request a site as part of the service, email firstname.lastname@example.org.