CAEN’s web publishing service is great for faculty and staff that want to be able to make edits to their administrative, research, or personal faculty web page, focusing on the content as opposed to maintenance of the site. As part of our web publishing service CAEN will do the following:
- Setup your site; you can request a site online.
- Manage a consistent College of Engineering look and feel
- Manage CAEN approved WordPress plugins
- Provide documentation and training (link)
- For research centers, labs, and faculty sites CAEN can assist with making site updates and placing content.
- Monitor infrastructure and up-time
- Recommend and support best practices for accessibility
- Provide end-user support
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support available during normal business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- No custom themes or page templates are allowed to be installed on individual sites.
- No support for restricting access to Sensitive Regulated Data.
- No password-protection for any content:
- No custom plugins are allowed to be installed on individual sites:
- Due to the multi-site configuration of the WordPress server, individuals cannot install plugins on their sites. Since plugins can only be installed server-wide, CAEN must be careful and restrictive about what plugins are installed as we cannot be responsible for securing, updating, or maintaining multiple plugins for each individual site.
Detailed instructions for managing a WordPress site in CAEN’s Web Publishing Service are currently available in our Knowledge Base. For more information about CAEN’s Web Publishing Service, request a site, or email email@example.com.
If you would like to manage your own site, including being responsible for plugins and themes you can reach out to CAEN to learn more about their WordPress Hosting Service.