Here you will find links to information on some popular tools and services used by College of Engineering instructors in their teaching. Some of the tools listed below are not officially licensed or supported at U-M, but have come highly recommended by faculty we work with across the College.
Nexus, the College’s online and professional education program, is also well qualified to support faculty with online teaching tools. Nexus can offer expertise for classes that involve remote students including video capture, managing an online classroom, and creating assessments.
If you use a tool in your course that you believe would be beneficial to other College of Engineering instructors, please let us know.
Online Teaching Services & Software
- Camtasia – Screen Recording
- Canvas – Learning Management System
- CATME – Peer Evaluations
- Echo360 – Stream & Record Lectures
- Gradecraft – Learning Management System
- Gradescope – Online Assignment Grading
- iClicker Cloud – Online Student Polling & Response System
- Jamboard – Digital Whiteboard Application
- Kaltura Capture – Webcam & Screen Recording
- Learning Catalytics – Student Polling & Response App
- Lettersmith – Writing Support Tool
- M-Cam – Mobile App for CAEN Lecture Capture
- MiQuizMaker – Canvas Quiz Tool
- Perusall – Collaborative Peer Annotation
- Piazza – Online Q&A Forums
- Problem Roulette – Practice Exams
- Remote Office Hours Queue – Group Meeting Software
- Slack – Group Chat Tool
- Tandem – Teamwork and Team Coaching