Here you will find links to information on some of the most popular tools and services used by College of Engineering instructors in their teaching. Some of the tools listed below are not officially licensed or supported at U-M, but have come highly recommended by faculty we work with across the College. CAEN consultants are available to assist faculty with finding the best tool for their instructional needs, and if necessary, available purchasing options.
Nexus, the College’s online and professional education program, is also well qualified to support faculty with online teaching tools. Nexus can offer expertise for classes that involve remote students including capturing lectures, managing an online classroom, and creating assessments.
If you use a tool in your course that you believe would be beneficial to other College of Engineering instructors, please let us know.
Online Teaching Services & Software
- Camtasia – Screen Recording
- Canvas – Learning Management System
- CATME – Peer Evaluations
- Echo360 – Stream & Record Lectures
- Gradescope – Online Assignment Grading
- Jamboard – Digital Whiteboard Application
- Kaltura Capture – Webcam & Screen Recording
- Learning Catalytics – Student Polling & Response App
- LockDown Browser – Securing Canvas Quizzes
- M-Cam – Mobile App for CAEN Lecture Capture
- Perusall – Collaborative Peer Annotation
- Piazza – Online Q&A Forums
- Remote Office Hours Queue – Group Meeting Software